About Us: Economic & Public Policy Research
The Economic & Public Policy Research group (EPPR) provides unbiased analyses on the economic, demographic, workforce, and other public policy issues in Massachusetts, New England, and beyond. As a leading provider of applied economic and public policy research, we help our clients make informed decisions about strategic policy, planning, and investment issues. We produce in-depth studies that help clients build credibility, quantify impacts, gain visibility, educate constituents, prioritize investment, and plan economic development initiatives.
EPPR’s client-driven project assignments are supplemented and supported by long-term roles tracking the economic and demographic trends in Massachusetts and New England. For example, as the official State Data Center, we have unparalleled economic and demographic data experience and expertise in Massachusetts, including all US Census data products...
We also lead MassBenchmarks, an economic journal that presents timely information concerning the performance of and prospects for the Massachusetts economy, including economic analyses of key industries that make up the economic base of the state. Our affiliation with the University of Massachusetts positions us to tap into resources and expertise from the five-campus University system to promote the public’s understanding of critical economic and policy issues.
Recent News & Updates
- Mass. keeps pace with national growth; Cape Cod reverses population drain
- Understanding COVID-19 Immunity Through Prevalence, Incidence of Antibodies will be Aim of Ongoing State Public Health Study With UMass
- Boston Business Journal: Wealth gap, housing burden larger than ever, report shows
- WBUR radio: Nantucket Voters Reject Proposal To Limit Short-Term Rentals
- Boston Globe: In Longwood Medical Area, jobs were being added about twice as fast as in the state overall
- WBUR: Rod Motamedi comments on the latest Mass. unemployment numbers
- New England Public Media: Housing Instability In The Springfield Area Spotlights People of Color
- Study to identify needs and strengths of Chelsea, MA small businesses